Control Frequency Shifter using Octave/Matlab GUI

steffendasenbrock
Site Admin

Control Frequency Shifter using Octave/Matlab GUI

Post by steffendasenbrock » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:59 am

This post offers an introduction into the frequency shifter using a Octave/Matlab GUI. This is covered in section 4 of the Getting Started Document (displayed below) which you can also download under the following link:

http://www.openmha.org/docs/openMHA_starting_guide.pdf

If you have questions about the frequency shifter feel free to post them here. For other topics regarding the Getting Started document find the corresponding post to that specific section.

hintermaier

Re: Control Frequency Shifter using Octave/Matlab GUI

Post by hintermaier » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:34 pm

Hi :)
I checked out the examples but a problem arised when I tried to follow the instructions in the „Control Frequency Shifter using Octave/ Matlab GUI“ example (chapter 5).
File editing works, a connection to Jack Server is there and my microfone available. Nevertheless giving the command „mha_query(openmha, ‘ ‘, 'read:fshift_hilbert_live.cfg');“ leads to a crash in octave/matlab.
Have you any idea what’s the problem?
(see file)

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
OctaveCrash.PNG
OctaveCrash.PNG (13.88 KiB) Viewed 2688 times

tobiasherzke

Post by tobiasherzke » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:41 am

This can be caused by
  • The Windows firewall. MHA allocates a TCP port for incoming connections. To investigate if the Windows firewall is responsible for your problem, the quickest way is to temporarily switch it off completely. If this solves the problem, switch it back on and fine-tune the firewall to allow incoming network traffic to the MHA executable in trusted networks.
  • A mix of openMHA components from different versions. Uninstall openMHA with Add/Remove Programs, then make sure all openMHA components are actually deleted from your hard disk, then reinstall.

hintermaier

Post by hintermaier » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:37 am

Thanks a lot!
Indeed the error was caused by the Windows firewall.