fftfilterbank ..The plugin that tried to do this is misbehaving and should be fixed.

dpoznan

fftfilterbank ..The plugin that tried to do this is misbehaving and should be fixed.

Post by dpoznan » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:00 pm

I am trying to create a config that can be modified while system is running.

I have a statement with "algos slots" that I attempt to define after starting.

mha_Device.set_val('mha.transducers.mhachain.ola.addchain.algos',
'[mhachain:add1 mhachain:add2 '+
' mhachain:add3 mhachain:add4 '+
' mhachain:add5 acmon]')

The system runs ok with the empty adds..

Then after the cmd=start, I attempt to do

addname='add1'
mha_Device.set_val('mha.transducers.mhachain.ola.addchain.'+addname+'.algos ','[ fftfilterbank dc_simple combinechannels acmon ]')

Which gives me the following error.

ValueError: Error sending message b'mha.transducers.mhachain.ola.addchain.add1.algos=[ fftfilterbank dc_simple combinechannels acmon ]\n' with error code 1:
Response: b'\n(mha_parser) Parser error in mhachain:\n(mha_parser) Parser error in transducers:\n(mha_parser) Parser error in mhachain:\n(mha_parser) Parser error in overlapadd:\n(mha_parser) Parser error in mhachain:\n(mha_parser) Parser error in mhachain:\n(mhapluginloader) Error in module "fftfilterbank:fftfilterbank":\n(mha_algo_comm) Attempt to create AC variable "fftfilterbank_nchannels" during live signal processing. The plugin that tried to do this is misbehaving and should be fixed.\n(MHA:failure)'

I have tried doing a cmd=stop prior to setting the add1, but it makes no difference.
Is it the case that there cannot be dynamic restructuring, only parameter changes...

tobiasherzke

Re: fftfilterbank ..The plugin that tried to do this is misbehaving and should be fixed.

Post by tobiasherzke » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:19 pm

Thanks for reporting this behavior! Altering the structure with the mhachain "algos" setting should be possible after cmd=release, then alter the structure, then restart with cmd=start.

I will see how we can modify mhachain in order to improve the error message.