openMHA used on FPGAs

dpoznan

openMHA used on FPGAs

Post by dpoznan » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:50 pm

Does anyone know where the openMHA library was ported to run on FPGAs. Is there a Githib project? Some website?

The reference I saw was:
"Implementing the open master hearing aid on a system-on-chip field programmable gate array"
The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 148, 2508 (2020);

By:
Ross Snider
Elec. and Comput. Eng., Montana State Univ., 610 Cobleigh Hall, Bozeman, MT 59717, ross.snider@montana.edu
Matthew Blunt Trevor Vannoy
Elec. and Comput. Eng., Montana State Univ., Bozeman, MT
Dustin Sobrero Dylan Wickham Tyler Davis
Sensor Logic, Bozeman, MT

Thanks,

Dan Poznanovic

tobiasherzke

Re: openMHA used on FPGAs

Post by tobiasherzke » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:33 am

Searching the Montana State University web site for the names of the authors finds contact data and related work. It may have been a student project.

PythonLinks

Post by PythonLinks » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:15 am

Thank you for asking about FPGA's.
I am considering doing something with FPGAs and OPENMHA.
So I am curious where your interest lies. What would you like to accomplish?

Warm Regards
Christopher Lozinski

dpoznan

Post by dpoznan » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:20 pm

Sorry for slow response....I haven't been monitoring lately..

I have worked with FPGAs in high performance computing and my group developed a compiler and open source
quite a number of years ago.

I am now interested in hearing aid development and speech intelligibility. I think the traditional processors for hearing aids do not stand a chance at performing the required processing with low latency.

The whole openMHA structure seems to be asking for an FPGA implementation. It is data streaming made for FPGA processing. I am using a research hearing aid (PHL...Portable Hearing Laboratory) that I got from Bat-and-Cat via NIH funding. It is essentially a raspberry pi processor. It seems reasonable to use it s a frontend to an FPGA, with OpenMHA running on both cpu & fpga.

The Montana State Univ papers seemed as though openMHA was running on an PGA, but I didn't get anywhere trying to get more info.

What are your plans regarding FPGA work?

Dan Poznanovic