Error: Error: Variable does not contain a valid scalar value

steffendasenbrock
Site Admin

Error: Error: Variable does not contain a valid scalar value

Post by steffendasenbrock » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:28 pm

Hi,

my aim is to use an AC variable I created using my own plugin as an input of another plugin, e.g. the gain plugin. I have two question:

1. I want to set the value of the gain.gains variable to the value of my AC variable, gains needs to be of kind vector<float>, but I can not find an function which inserts an AC variable as a vector. But the only functions I can find are insert_var, insert_var_int, insert_var_float and insert_var_double - what would be the correct way to register a variable such that it can be used as gains for the gain plugin?

2. I tried to set the value of gain.max, since it is a float value. For this I used something like this:

Code: Select all

ac.insert_var_float(ac.handle, "db_EEG_steered_AC", &db_EEG_steered );
with db_EEG_steered being are float variable. But when setting

mha.gain.max = db_EEG_steered_AC
I get the error:

Error: (mha_parser) (mha_parser) "db_EEG_steered_AC" does not contain a valid scalar value (db_EEG_steered_AC)
(while parsing "config.cfg" line 13)
What could be wrong in this case?

tobiasherzke

Re: Error: Error: Variable does not contain a valid scalar value

Post by tobiasherzke » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:46 pm

AC variables can only be read by MHA plugins while they execute either their prepare() or process() callback. You cannot read them in the MHA configuration language.

steffendasenbrock
Site Admin

Post by steffendasenbrock » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:15 am

Thanks for your answer. I though it would be possible to pass content of AC variables between plugins using the configuration language. Is there a way to pass an AC variable created by my own plugin to e.g. the gain plugin?

tobiasherzke

Post by tobiasherzke » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:10 pm

Yes: you can change the source code of the gain plugin to make use of an AC variable and recompile the gain plugin.

It's open source after all.