Question regarding target REIGs in openMHA

shaikath

Question regarding target REIGs in openMHA

Post by shaikath » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:49 pm

NALRP.png
NALRP.png (87.05 KiB) Viewed 3317 times
Hello, I was going to be doing some testing using the NAL-RP prescription rule with flat loss profiles of 20 dB and 40 dB across all frequency bands. When I load those specified audiograms, I see the curves in the above^ picture. Assuming I'm trying to measure insertion gains at 65 dB, would it be accurate to interpret that the red curves seem to indicate that for a 65 dB signal, there would only be attenuations applied across all the frequency bands? The red line seems to fall below 65 dB SPL. I'm a bit confused as to why the actual target REIGs specified wouldn't be above 65 dB SPL.

shaikath

Re: Question regarding target REIGs in openMHA

Post by shaikath » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:59 pm

Or is it the case that simply creating a fit with NALRP specified is not sufficient? Do we have to change the gains/maxgains for each of the frequency bands?

tobiasherzke

Post by tobiasherzke » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:18 pm

Your graphs for 20dB pantonal hearing loss show amplification for frequencies above 500Hz. Please refer to the openMHA Fitting GUI manual for an explanation of the display. I hope this helps, please ask follow-up questions here if anything remains unclear so that we can improve the documentation.

shaikath

Post by shaikath » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:37 pm

Thanks for sharing the fitting manual. That was very helpful. One question I have is whether the matlab fitting tool has a tool for measuring the actual real-ear insertion gain values within each frequency band? I understand that the LTASS panels show the insertion gain targets but it would be really useful to have the functionality to display the actual real-ear levels within each narrow band somehow. Is this a current feature by chance?

tobiasherzke

Post by tobiasherzke » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:44 am

No, this is not a feature of this GUI. In order to access all insertion gains, you would have to extract (with mha_get()) the gtdata matrix from the MHA dc plugin that you have just fitted.