openMHA on iPad?

chozillla

openMHA on iPad?

Post by chozillla » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:17 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to get openMHA on an iPad? I have a GUI I made on Matlab which I can port over to the iPad via Matlab drive, however, I am missing the openMHA software to connect the GUI to. Is this even possible? What other way can I port over the GUI I made on the computer to an iPad, windows Remote Desktop?

Thank you

paulmaanen

Re: openMHA on iPad?

Post by paulmaanen » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:25 am

Hi chozilla,

unfortunately openMHA does not support iOS. The GUI however can be run on any Matlab/Octave instance as long as it is in the same network as the computer running openMHA:

Code: Select all

>> help mhacontrol
  mhacontrol - Audiological interface to the MHA

Usage:
  mhacontrol( hostname [, port [, uiwait ] ] )

hostname : Name or IP address of MHA host
  port     : Port number of MHA host (default: 33337)
  uiwait   : Flag if Matlab should wait for user interface
             (default: 1)
For example

mhacontrol('192.168.0.2',33337) 
should start the openMHA GUI and connect it to an openMHA instance on the PC with the IP address 192.168.0.2.
By default openMHA only accepts connections from the local host, but this can be changed by the "interface" command line option:

mha --interface=192.168.0.1 ... 
would instruct openMHA to accept connections the network interface with the address 192.168.0.1. Use "0.0.0.0" to tell openMHA to accept connections from any interface. Note that there's no authentication whatsoever.

chozillla

Re: openMHA on iPad?

Post by chozillla » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:10 am

Ah gotcha! I found a way around this kinda. I would have the GUI on my Mac and use Apple's sidecar to stream the figure on the iPad. The Apple Pencil gives tap and write features. Pretty neat.